2014년 4월 1일 화요일

About Bike Riding Posture and Best Courses

Basic Posture


Height of saddle: The proper height of saddle is that the knees are just barely bent at the bottom of the pedal stroke. It can reduce fatigue of knees.

Upper body: To minimize road shock, you have to bend your back approximately 30 degrees. And keep the center of gravity in the middle of hands.

Elbow: Bend your arms slightly, it can reduce the shock.



Pedaling Posture


Don't spread your legs. It looks strange and causes muscle ache. I recommend keeping your legs parallel and trying to press down the pedals vertically.



Best Riding Courses in Seoul

1. Han-river bike path


Around Han-river, the longest and best bike path network is constructed. Also, it was connected with other bike path like Jungrang stream bike path. It has a great view, especially night view is amazing!This is good for beginners because there are small altitude variations and a low risk. Further if you have no bicycle, there are some bicycle rental centers. But it is crowded with people weekends.


2. Jungrang stream bike path

If you start at Han-river, there are two choice. First is course along Cheonggye stream. It is 17km course(a round-trip) and there is Hanyang University. The other is to Uijeongbu. It is 62km course. These days, there are some road constructions, so it's dangerous to riding at night.


3. Buam-dong


Buam-dong is really attractive place. There are old and new buildings coexisting with nature. Although it is known as good date course, it is good for bike riding too. The Bugak Mountain Highway is best downhill course. Because it is high level course, you'd batter have safety equipment and ride MTB or hybrid bicycle.



Tip


This classic bicycle looks beautiful. But If you'r purpose is exercising, it's not proper. Because it makes your back straighten and puts stress on the back.







댓글 5개:

  1. 작성자가 댓글을 삭제했습니다.

    답글삭제
    답글
    1. Oh, you know height of saddle is really important. I enjoy riding a bicycle. I have an experience to set a saddle. My brother taught me how to adjust it to my body. After that, I found my friend's saddle set to low, and set it like you posted.

      삭제
  2. Hi. I like riding a bicycle but I have no bicycle. ㅠ.ㅠ. If I have a bicycle, your post would be more informative for me. When I meet a person who have bicycle, I will recommend some tips in this post!

    답글삭제
  3. I remember my childhood riding my red bicycle around the park. Now I have no bicycle and it's been a long time riding, but I want to rent one and ride with my friends near Han River.

    답글삭제
  4. I love riding a bicycle especially along the Han River. I don't have my own bicycle yet, I'm going to buy a bicycle. Your blog is very useful to me.

    답글삭제